It's that time of year again. Busy, busy, busy.
Is it busy in your neck of the woods?
Here is my Random 5 for the week.
1. I am ready for some hot weather! Its been warm and then cool and then warmer and then cool. I'm ready for hot and sticky! Playing in the sprinkler and swimming weather. :)
2. If you remember I had to re-do my garden. Well I am happy to announce that it is doing wonderful! I ended up buying tomatoes and peppers plants. I had a few tomatoes yet from seed that I had not planted in the ground and were still in the sunroom. So those went in too. I'm just kind of excited about it.
3. I have yet to put in corn, watermelon, cantaloupe or pumpkins. Must. Do. This. Weekend!
4. I love ice cream and just in case you didn't know tomorrow is the first day in history that ice cream was sold to the public! How neat? We will be making homemade ice cream to celebrate. Or maybe just to give me an excuse to eat it. Either way, tomorrow will be fun! What is your favorite? I LOVE vanilla with banana or a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate. YUM!
5. In the midst of our gardening, I got an idea! Make Taylor a garden table! Why didn't I think of that sooner. I try to always include Taylor is everything we do but for some reason the garden thing just kind of slipped my mind. I mean I tried to talk to her about MY garden and get her input on some ideas but every child should grow their OWN plants.
So that is what we did. We found an old table. I bought a few flowers pots at the dollar store, grabbed some flowers from Walmart and brought out my collection of seeds. And ta-da....Miss Taylor has a garden.
She planted cucumbers, lettuce and plenty of flowers, both from seed and already bloomed.
She is very proud and excited! I just wish I would have thought about it sooner! Live and learn.
**I have used SimplyLinked in the past and for some reason their site is down. It will not let me in and all link ups from before are not showing up. I apologize if I didn't make it to your post last week to comment. I planned on doing it right now but its kinda difficult if the links are gone! Hopefully it gets fixed soon.**
Considering linking up?
Here are the rules. They are simple.
~ Link to your Random 5 on Friday post.
~ Add a link back to me somewhere in your post.
~ Please make sure to put the direct link to your blog post not just your blog. I like to read and comment on all of you but I can not always do it right away and I do not have time to look for it. Thanks!
~ Visit, Visit, Visit! Have fun encouraging each other. :)