1. Christmas was amazing. Truly one of the best ever! We spent time with family that we have not seen in years. There was so much laughter and joy. We had a "secret santa" completely knock our socks off! It was such a blessed Christmas.
3. Did you get any exciting presents? My family blessed me abundantly! My favorite gift though would have to be my cowgirl boots from Brian! Love them!
3. I am excited for routine. We are not going to start back to school until after the new year but I am busy getting this house back in order and school planning.
4. I'm excited to start running again. I took a break for the holidays and basically enjoyed just gorging myself. Haha! Really I was left feeling bloated and more like a stuffed turkey but boy did those pies, candy and holiday foods taste WONDERFUL! The biggest thing I am going to change in my soda intake. It's bad, people. Really bad.
5. It feels like a Spring day here! It's kind of making me ache for warm weather. I'm not letting myself get to excited since in is still December! Are you considering linking up? I would love for you to join in!
Here are the rules. They are simple.
~ Link to your Random 5 on Friday post.
~ Add a link back to me somewhere in your post.
~ Please make sure to put the direct link to your blog post not just your blog. I like to read and comment on all of you but I can not always do it right away and I do not have time to look for it. Thanks!
~ Visit, Visit, Visit! Have fun encouraging each other. :)
1. First off, I want to apologize for not being able to finish the Ornament Series. I feel horrible about it but it is one of those things that I just have to put behind me and move on. I planned on catching up but then I had puking kids. It was just a mess here almost the whole month of December. So the ornament series is done. We feel short a bit but had a lot of fun on the ones we did do! And I am happy to announce that everyone is HEALTHY!
2. Christmas. 5 days. EEK!
3. Yesterday, we had a wonderful time with my Grandma. Every year, we meet half way and go out to lunch and shop with the kids. They show Grandma a few things they would like and she secretly buys something off their list. It is always so much fun and we look forward to it all year.
4. Tonight is our first Christmas celebration for the year at my Momma's house. Can't wait.
5. You should see my house. It is in a state of complete chaos. On the table, we have Oreo balls and chocolate covered pretzels hardening, candles and salsa cooling. On the counter, we have dishes, dishes and more dishes. The laundry is washing. The Christmas music playing. Its a good chaos.
I hope each one of you have a VERY Merry Christmas!
Most of the time I still feel like I am 20. Then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The woman staring back at me has wrinkles. Laugh lines and crows feet. Her face is a bit chubbier than I remember. Hips a whole lot wider.
You know what? It's okay. I don't mind. I earned those wrinkles. I earned all those signs of womanhood. Creating babies, nursing babies. 34 years of laughing. Sometimes crying. I have had my share of heartache. I have had more than my share actually.
I wouldn't change any of those things. It made me who I am. I like who I am. I like who I have become.
There are some things I want to focus on this year at the ripe age of 34. I want to be a better version of me. I want to laugh more. I want to slow down and enjoy my babies before they are grown and gone. I do actually want to smell the roses. The lilacs too. I don't have dreams of seeing the world or traveling to far off lands but I do want to have more confidence in me. In my abilities. In my skin. Although a trip to New Zealand would be pretty cool. That won't happen at 34 though.
At 34, I want to buy our OWN home. I want to start the process of foster care because God changed my heart beyond measure in the middle of the night 3 days before I turned 34. I want to be a blessing to those around me. My husband. My kids. My family. My friends. Strangers. I want to have God shine through my very being.