Hello Friends! I am a bit late this week. Our internet has been crazy and well....our life has been too.
1. Life feels really good. Right at this moment. Things are not necessarily working out like I would like but I have this perfect little family. Whether we ever buy a house or not, it will all work out.
2. I am in the mood to get my hands dirty. I think we are going to get some our seeds. Like today.
3. I'm also going to make homemade toothpaste today. Kind of excited to try that! I may even venture to deodorant.
4. I got my hair cut. I hate it. A friend of mine cut it and she did great. I just like having long hair better. So I am happy my hair grows FAST!
5. The rats. Do you remember them? They must go. I tried to make it work. Taylor loves her but they poop everywhere! The fling poop out of their cage. It is nasty. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Daddy promised her a kitten if they rats can find a new home. Now I guess I need to look for a kitten.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Saturday, March 14, 2015
Last weekend over breakfast we decided to take a trip to the zoo! It was total last minute so there was a lot of running around and getting things together quickly. It was worth it. The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining.
Here is a glimpse into our day!
Here is a glimpse into our day!
Friday, March 13, 2015
1. This weather. Finally. I seriously am as giddy as a school girl. I can see hints of green popping up as the snow is melting. Me likes it.
2. We went to the zoo last weekend. It was a lot of fun. It felt so good to get out! I'll post pictures soon.
(Tay's face. Totally cracks me up. The girl smiles CONSTANTLY. Well except for pictures!)
3. I did some Spring cleaning. Most of my house is looking nice and clean. I forgot how homey it feels when its all "put together". Me likes this too!
4. Taylor turns 17 in 5 days. FIVE DAYS! Am I really old enough to have a 17 year old? Don't answer that.
5. I really need to get my butt in gear with this blogging stuff. I want to blog more. Blog about life. What is going on here. Recording memories. I usually forget. How silly is that? How does one forget to blog? I post pictures to Facebook and then it is out of my mind. Maybe I need to blog first and then post to Facebook. Who knows.
I hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!!
Today is errand day and then this evening we are watching my niece and nephew! The sweet baby is now a month old. I love them to pieces. Tomorrow is not planned yet but we did change Family Night to Sunday. It just works better since Brian doesn't work. It is now Sunday Funday! Pizza night, games, family time. My favorite day of the week. :)
Saturday, March 7, 2015
1. We have rats. Four of them to be exact. Pet rats. I seriously can not even believe it. I am still working on getting over the ick factor.
2. I started drinking Spark from Advocare and I have seen a HUGE difference in my alertness and mental clearness. It seems crazy but I feel like me again. I have gotten back into the routine of getting up early and going to bed at a decent time. I do not feel sluggish AT ALL. It is wonderful!
3. I lost 3 pounds this week. Can I get a high five?!
4. Oh the rats....goodness. Here is the story. Taylor wanted a guinea pig for her birthday. She researched it and then researched it some more. Brian and I went to the pet store and they were icky. Like really icky. They were scared and timid. After discussing our options with the "small critter attendant" we thought maybe a rat would be a better option. They learn tricks. They clean themselves. Yada, yada, yada....The only problem was that with a cage and all the accessories we were looking at 200 bucks! There was no way. A few days later someone got me in touch with a girl that was giving away a few pet rats for free. Hmmm...then she offered me the cage for $20 bucks. That was more up my alley. After the other kids saw them they wanted one too. So $20 bucks later we have FOUR rats residing in our house...on purpose.
5. It is supposed to be 50 degrees next week. I might just run around in a bikini. Just kidding. I don't even own a bikini. Nor would I want to scare my kids. I will however enjoy every second of the warm weather.